MUNICH OPENING WEEKEND 20th- 23th Sept
Oktoberfest Camping Tour *4 day* 299€
MUNICH OPENING WEEKEND
Two hundred and four years ago, a German King married a German lady. Why should you care? Because their wedding was the first edition of what is now the world’s most famous beer festival: Oktoberfest! Seven million litres of beer in 16 days, and millions of people from around the globe on one mission: to embrace all things Bavarian!
Our home for three nights is Thalkirchen, the closest campsite to the festival grounds. Take advantage of daily breakfasts, trust us: you need to fuel up! Comfy tents, guided transfers to the festival, and tours to the sobering Dachau and the breathtaking Andechs beer monastery to try some of the best german food you will ever have.
- Opening ceremony
- Pre erected tent
- Inflatable mattress
- Welcome party
- Tour to Dachau concentration camp and Andechs beer monastery
- Breakfast everyday
- Shuttles running to and from the festival
- Experienced Festivals All Around Guides
- Festivals All Around souvenir t-shirt
- Secure storage for small items (no bigger than a passport)
- The experience of a life time
Here at Festivals all Around we pride ourselves on creating an atmosphere of fun and happiness, discovering the best festivals around Europe with a few shenanigans thrown in. We love mischief as much as anyone, and we understand that everyone likes to party differently. But some people don’t know their limit, and we want to be very clear that disrespectful behaviour will not be tolerated at all. Ever.
- If you can relate to any of the below scenarios, we are sorry to say that joining the Festivals All Around family might not the right decision for you.
- You have found yourself sleeping in your, or someone else’s, fecal matter, urine or vomit
- You are often unwelcome into bars/clubs/restaurants/swimming pools/libraries or other places where there may be other people
- You enjoy shots for breakfast every morning (special occasions can be tolerated)
- You tend to not remember what you do or what happens during a night out (we are here to create amazing memories: if you can’t remember them, they don’t count)
- You need ‘medications’ to enjoy festivities (and not the kind prescribed by a doctor and purchased at a pharmacy)
- You find yourself fighting or arguing with people, animals, plants, walls, tents or even the ground… yes, we have seen it all!
- You wake up confused and unable to find your pants on a regular basis (to be fair, it happens to us all from time to time)
- Hair sniffing…. just no, not cool!
- You often notice that people don’t want to talk to you or be around you because you are rather offensive or obnoxious: is it your smell, or what is coming out of your mouth?
- You go to festivals simply to cause chaos, and have no interest in the city, culture or festival itself.
- You have issues following rules or respecting other cultures
- You have a problem with hugs and laughing
Find your way to Thalkirchen campsite, and meet us at the Festivals All Around check-in area. We’ll show you to your tent, tell you the best places to buy any last-minute gear, and gather again that evening for some pre-festival shenanigans at the campsite bar.
The tents are up, the dirndls are on, the brass bands are waiting … let the stein-guzzling begin! The beer officially starts flowing at noon, but we’ll be in the tents long before that to grab seats. The day will be spent in tents and on the rides, drinking and eating more than you ever thought possible, laughing harder than ever before, and having one of the best times of your life.
Today you have a few activities to choose from. After breakfast, you can head into Oktoberfest again, or explore some of Munich’s other sights, such as the awesome Marienplatz or the English Garden, one of the largest city parks in the world. That afternoon, we have optional excursions to two of Bavaria’s most important sights: an eye-opening tour of the infamous Dachau, the first concentration camp built by the Nazis, or change things up completely at the beautiful Andechs beer monastery, where you can try THE best food and beer in Germany. *There is very limited availability for the Andechs excursion, and no pre-booking is available; buses will operate on a first-come first-serve basis.* Make the most of your afternoon, and we’ll meet again at Oktoberfest for one more night of festivities.
The tour ends after breakfast today. We’ll say our goodbyes and wish each other well on our next adventures, whether it’s off to another part of the world, or simply into another beer tent. Prost!