LA TOMATINA – BUÑOL
WHY TO CHOOSE US TO EXPERIENCE LA TOMATINA THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE?
- WE ARE THE OFFICIAL TOUR OF LA TOMATINA
- SIMPLY BECAUSE WE KNOW THAT WE WILL MAKE YOU HAVE SOME OF THE BEST TIMES OF YOUR LIFE!
- WE WERE BORN IN VALENCIA AND WE LIVE IN VALENCIA , SO NO ONE CAN SHOW YOU THE CITY AND THE FESTIVAL AS WE CAN
- OUR MISSION IS TO MAKE SURE THAT EVERYONE WHO JOINS OUR FESTIVALS ALL AROUND FAMILY HAS THE MOST EPIC EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE
- OR CHECK THIS VIDEO YOURSELF TO SEE THE WAY WE DO LA TOMATINA
We are proud to be named The Official Tour of La Tomatina!
It’s been 8 years since we started making people happy by bringing them to La Tomatina. We love this festival and put our hearts and souls into making sure all of our guests have one of the best days of their lives. Join us to experience this incredible festival in the best possible way ,
the Festivals All Around way!
Welcome to the Festivals All Around family!
ll started the last Wednesday of August in 1945 when some young people spent the time in the town square to attend the Giants and Big-Heads figures parade. The young boys decided to have a place among the retinue of a parade with musician, Giants and Big-Heads figures.
The energy of these young people made that one participant fell off. The participant flew into a fit of rage, started to hit everything in his path. There was a market stall of vegetable that fell victim of the furious crowd: people started to pelt each other with tomatoes until the local forces ended that vegetable battle.
The following year, the young people picked a quarrel by their own decision and brought the tomatoes from home. Although the police broke up the early tradition in the following years, the young boys had made history without being conscious about it. La Tomatina was banned in the early 50s, which was not a problem for the participants who were even arrested. But the people spoke and the festivity was again allowed with more participants and more frenetic feelings.
The festivity was again cancelled till 1957 when, as a sign of protest, the tomato burial was held. It was a demonstration in which the residents carried a coffin with a huge tomato inside. The parade was accompanied by a music band which played funeral marches and it was totally successful. La Tomatina Festival was finally allowed and became an official festivity.
As a result of the report of Javier Basilio, broadcasted in the Spanish Television Program called Informe Semanal, the festivity started to be known in the rest of Spain.
Since then, the number of participants increased year after year as well as the excitement about La Tomatina Festival. In 2002, La Tomatina of Buñol was declared Festivity of International Tourist Interest by the Secretary Deparment of Tourism due to its success.
If you want to keep having a funny Tomatina Festival, you must respect these rules:
- It is held on the last Wednesday of August, during the week of festivities of Buñol.
- La Tomatina begins at 11.00am with a bang and ends at 12.00am on point with another.
- Do not enter bottles or hard objects because you can cause an accident or damages to
- your battle’s fellows.
- Do not tear or throw your T-shirts to others
- ?Squash the tomatoes before throwing them, the hit will be less painful.
- Keep a safe distance of the lorries.
- Stop to throw tomatoes when you hear the shot of the second warning firework.
- Follow the security staff directions.
- Only bring things you need! You will not need passports, laptops or mobile phones!
- Bring cash into the festival for drinks and food, 30 euro should be enough
- Sangria will be waiting for you when you arrive so wear your drinkin boots!
- Do not wear flip flops!
- Wear closed in shoes you don’t mind throwing away!
- Wear old clothes, or clothes you aren’t planning on wearing again.
- Expect your clothes to be torn off!
- If you are planning on taking pictures a water proof camera is a must
- Buses will return from the festival at 2pm! IF YOU MISS THE BUS YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND YOUR OWN WAY BACK!